Find
Notify
Tools

New one on me-Bushnell mount help
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of browningguy
posted
I've got a friend who's wife inherited about 200 various rifles, shotguns and pistols when her father passed away. You wouldn't believe the collection, piles of pre-64 M70's, BARs in various grades, some superb customized pistols etc., she won't sell any of them but is letting her husband take a couple hunting.

Since he doesn't know anything about firearms I agreed to get them cleaned up and ready for him to hunt with. On one of the BAR's (Belgium gr.2 in '06) it has a Bushnell ScopechiefIV-M variable scope. Interesting design. The bases are actually just two posts with about 6 various set screws holding the integral scope rail to the posts. Anyone seen these before and know how well they work? Should I go ahead and put conventional Leupold bases and replace the scope?
Thanks,

Posts: 1242 | Location: Houston, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2002Reply With Quote
<dorame>
posted
Had a scopechief on a pre64 Model 70 had same type of setup, worked great. Scopchief on mine had a little knob you turned , then a post that popped up on the lower vertical crosswire, pretty neat. Don't know if it was very pracical for my use though. Actually scope and mount worked very well.
Don

one of us
Picture of browningguy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the quick response, I had not even noticed that feature and just walked oer to play with it, pretty neat.

Posts: 1242 | Location: Houston, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2002Reply With Quote