Find
Notify
Tools

Siamese Mauser
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of yumastepside
posted
This may not be the correct area for this question, but does anyone stock; sell or make an extractor for the siamese mauser??

Roger

Posts: 1043 | Location: Was NSW, now Tas Australia | Registered: 27 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
O.K. I have read that the Siams were 98's re designed for the rimmed cartridges by Japanese engineers. Working with the main spring in mine I found that a 93 (Spanish Mauser) spring fit. 98 springs did not. I am guessing that you could fit parts for the 93's although 98 parts might be closer. That fad is a bit past and I am not aware of anyone making custom parts for Siams. I am sure others will jump in if there is a source.

Beyond that, I am sure that some "parts house" has dis assembled Siams for sale as parts. In USA you begin with "Gun Parts" division of Numrich Corp where service is very good and prices reflect it. Shotgunnews.com has many advertisers with parts for about anything. SARCO comes to mind. Brownells focuses on modern current production guns, but full of good advice (by email) and easy to ask them. LUCK.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
In the US a lot of Siamese mausers have been converted to .45-70. Navy Arms here did a batch and sold them. I second the Numrich Corp start, hopefully they can mail you one.

Posts: 528 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote