New
Find
Notify
Tools

Crescent SXS 410 spring needed.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Need some help. I have one of those cute little Crescent 410 sideXside shotguns that needs a mainspring for the right [R] side lock. These are the ones that are true sidelock guns. Looking at the Left side lock it appears [?] the spring is the same but who knows. Lord knows not me. ANY help will be greatly appreciated by me and my daughter.
Aloha, Mark
kailuacustom@msn.com

When the fear of death is no longer a concern----the Rules of War change!!

Posts: 978 | Location: S Oregon | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gunparts corp jack frist gunparts would be the places I would start looking

Posts: 19617 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you're unable to find an exact replacement you may want to look at Brownell's Shotgun Mainspring Kit. It's an assortment of different size/style leaf springs. Probably requires fitting/grinding for a particular gun.
I used a spring from their Top Lever Kit years ago to repair a Bayard shotgun. Took patience but got it done from one of the basic springs provided,
Good luck.

Posts: 313 | Location: Alaska to Kalispell MT | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bohica, I worked on a Crescent 20 ga. several years ago that came into my shop as a baskeet case. Many small parts had been lost, including the mainsprings. I used the Brownell's springs. They do require fitting, which any competent gunsmith can do. The alternative is to simply make new ones (Brownells Kinks book has several articles on how-to), also many videos online regarding spring making.

Mike Ryan - Gunsmith

Posts: 352 | Location: Michigan, USA | Registered: 31 July 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mark, If you can send a picture and some dimensions, I have an assortment of used ones, but no idea what they fit.
Duane
dgr@duanesguns.com

Posts: 869 | Location: N Dakota | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With Quote