New
Find
Notify
Tools

M94 fell apart deer hunting
 Login/Join

<Ranger Dave>
posted
Well I'm glad I bring along more than one gun while hunting. My 30-30 spit out the transfer bar that goes from the hammer to the firing pin. It appears this 3" bar/pin has snapped into 2 peices.

HELP! I think I'm going to have to take this bolt apart and order a new bar.

It snapped when I fired a shot at my friends hit deer and when I jacked a new round in, it fell apart.

Well she is apart now! Nasty, nasty design. This will be fun putting everything back together.

1/2" of the fire pin snapped right where Winchester has milled a flat spot approx 3/4". My old man thinks it is either cheap metal or stress crack. Either way I'm sure it is from a bad job machining or selecting of metal grade on Winchesters part. It broke like pot metal does.

The Win M70 30-06 had to step up to the plate.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Dave, IM or PM me and give me a snail mail address, and I will xerox and send you takedown and reassembly instructions.

And may I suggest that you swap that gun off and get a Marlin? (Just seeing who will scream at me.)

Posts: 1570 | Location: Base of the Blue Ridge | Registered: 04 November 2002Reply With Quote
<Ranger Dave>
posted
I sent you some email.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Marlin levers definitely feel more substantial and of better quality. Fix it & palm it off to some other sucker.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
aww, great...
You have given the anti-LAGs a huge "lever"
lol
jeff

Posts: 39598 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote