Find
Notify
Tools

Bansner Help
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Members,

I am not very familiar with Bansner rifles, purchased one from cabelas a .338 Win Mag, I was told that the condition was excellent. Unfortunately nobody could tell me the customization features on the rifle, so I called Bansner and asked the same question, the person told me he could not remember, the only explanation he gave me is that it was an old rifle, probably 10 years old and that the new ones are a lot better than the old ones!!!

If anyone can help me with some more info, I would really appreciate any help.

The rifle is viewable at http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/content/community/gun...sp?hierarchyId=10473

Thank you,
Roland

one of us
posted Hide Post
Rowland

I have not had any experience with their complete rifles however I have used a few of their stocks and they are very good quality. I also have read in a few publications that their complete rifles were of very good quality. I have seen Banser display his wares at the Dallas Safari Club several times. So in all probabiliy you have a pretty good rifle.

Craftsman

Posts: 1540 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 11 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've known Mark for many years, and even been to his shop. Quaility is usually very-very good.

Remember, forgivness is easier to get than permission.

Posts: 3993 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mike_elmer
posted Hide Post
Rowland,

Mark Bansner is my neighbor, and I am assuming from your post, that you weren't able to speak with Mark when you called.

I would believe that Mark could give you some information about the rifle if you provide him with the serial number and action brand. I do not believe that he had his own brand of actions 10 years ago, but I could be wrong.

If you wish to persue this through Mark, I would gladly take your e-mail addy to him.

Mike

Posts: 8421 | Location: adamstown, pa | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Even 10 years ago his rifle building techniques were top notch. You have yourself a fine rifle and without a doubt it will shoot better than you could imagine. Even back then he had an accurracy guarantee. The new ones may be a bit better...but I doubt a lot better, and it would take a seasoned benchrest shooter to bring out the difference.

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was by Jerry Stillers a few months back and he was making a lot of receivers with Bansner's name on them. They would be top quality.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike,

I provided the Serial # and action type Winchester CRF, the answer was as I described above.
And sure if Mr. Bansner is your neighbor and you could help in that matter would be great.
You have a PM.

Thank you again,
Roland

One of Us
Picture of mike_elmer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Roland1:
Mike,

I provided the Serial # and action type Winchester CRF, the answer was as I described above.
And sure if Mr. Bansner is your neighbor and you could help in that matter would be great.
You have a PM.

Thank you again,
Roland

Roland,

No Problem!! Just give me an excuse to go to a gun shop...!!!! Big Grin

You have a PM.

Mike

Posts: 8421 | Location: adamstown, pa | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote