New
Find
Notify
Tools

kEPPLINGER SINGLE SET TRIGGER
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a Remington 700 in 300 WIN Mag that's I purchased used 25 to 30 years ago. I recently replaced the barrel with a stainless Hart barrel and it's been very accurate. I'm thinking of replacing the trigger with a single set trigger. Any reccomendations? Will a Kepplinger single set trigger fit this rifle without a lot of modication?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't think that trigger is available for the 700, but a lot of stuff is available that's not imported here. Personally, I'd take a pass on the Kepplinger...pretty good pull in the "set" mode, but a terrible primary pull and there's no adjustment...has to be carefully stoned, disassemled and re-reassembled countless times

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Duane, thanks for your response. Brownell's has a Kepplinger trigger for a Remington 700 on their web-site. I believe the trigger pull in the unset mode is 4 pounds. In the set mode, I believe it can be set 9 OZ. up. Is there another trigger available from another manufacturer that is a single set that would fit a 30 year ols Rem 700 without any modifications and using the current safety system?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Duane,

Were your comments directed to the Kepplinger trigger for the Remington only, or to all Kepplinger triggers? I'm strongly considering one for a Ruger #1 being built for me.

Thanks,
- stu

Posts: 1210 | Location: Zurich | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a #1 with a Kepplinger trigger. It's an excellent trigger and required no fine tuning whatsoever.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, the last two I installed, the primary pull was around 7 lbs..maybe I just got unlucky?...or perhaps there has been product improvement...if so...good!

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
had my smith install a match kepplinger trigger on my mauser its fantastic,and yes brownells sells one for the 700 remington go 4 it
regards

Posts: 999 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What is the difference between a regular Kepplinger single set trigger and a match trigger?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Has anyone had any difficulty putting a Kepplinger single set trigger in a 30 year old Rem 700. Any special modifications tha needed to be made . Were you able to use the current safety with out any modifications?

One of Us
posted Hide Post

I put a Kepplinger in a Ruger #1, and it was not easy, but the hard part was getting the old trigger out.

The instructions were 5th generation mimeograph, and not what I would expect to come with a trigger that costs $178 wholesale $267 retail.

While shooting 2" kill zones of rodents at 150 yards, I don't need or use the set feature, so the trigger works like a lump of steel, that I could make myself.

Still, it is a very nice trigger, and I hardly imagine anyone not liking it.

Posts: 9043 | Location: on the rock | Registered: 16 July 2005Reply With Quote