THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Best Gunsmith in U.S. to deal with feeding problems?

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best Gunsmith in U.S. to deal with feeding problems?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I don't care where he is or how much he charges. I want to solve my feeding problems once and for all -- or scrap the rifle and start over! Several times the rifle has been declared "fixed" only to have it jam again -- last time when I was trying to follow-up on a cape buffalo I hit poorly with the first shot (lost the buff, btw, after three days on blood spoor).

The rifle is an M-77, Mark II, RSM, rechambered from .375 to 404 Jeffery. Beautiful rifle, shoots great: too bad its a single shot!

Posts: 1443 | Registered: 09 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dennis Olson in Plains, Montana. That man can make a rifle feed beer cans smoothly.

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
I have seen many people recommend Mark Penrod for feeding problems, particuarly in the Winchester Model 70 (rather than Ruger). I have not used him myself.

Good luck with your rifle.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
GAhtr: Mark Penrod did a magnificent job on my Ruger 416 Rigby. Mine was not a feeding problem but rather a bolt raceway one. Regardless, Mark's work is magnificent and I highly recommend him. If anybody can fix it he can. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dennis Olson, he doesnt talk much, but he can make a rifle feed.

Billy,

High in the shoulder

(we band of bubbas)

Posts: 1868 | Location: League City, Texas | Registered: 11 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Idared
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Dennis Olson. A plus besides being able to make any rifle feed he enjoys working on Rugers, something that can't be said for some smiths. The last time I was there he had just finished converting a Ruger RSM to 585 Nyatti.(Sp?) It was beautiful and it fed like all rifles he works on, flawlessly.

"We do not exaggerate when we state positively that the remodelled Springfield is the best and most suitable "all 'round" rifle".......Seymour Griffin, GRIFFIN & HOWE, Inc.

Posts: 845 | Location: Central Washington State | Registered: 12 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dennis Olson did great work for me in the past. But he's been 3 years on a project for me and it's only half done, so there might be a bit of a wait...

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dennis Olson is the best I have found.

square shooter

Posts: 2608 | Location: Moore, Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
OK. Dennis Olson it is.

Now, would sombody be so kind as too post his contact information?

Thanks.

Posts: 1443 | Registered: 09 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
Olson, Dennis
500 W 1st St.,
Plains, MT 59859
(406) 826-3790

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've used Dennis Olson and he's about as honest as they come. I'd use him again.

Posts: 158 | Location: Satsuma, Alabama | Registered: 11 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Penrod is awesome.

Or scrap the rifle and order an Echol's Legend. You did say you didn't care about cost. Then you wouldn't have any worries.

Posts: 210 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: 20 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't know anything about Olson's work, but I trust these guys. I do know about Mark Penrod and he is not only a first class gunsmith of the highest order, but a great person too and I would HIGHLY recommend him for any job.

Bob