New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help!! Need Interarms Mk. X trigger part
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
A lot can be said for using the proper tools for the job. I was trying to adjust my Rem 798/Interarms Mk X adjustable trigger and I broke the sear engagement screw. I broke down and bought a gunsmith's screwdriver and bit set and no problems with any of the other screws.

Does anyone know where I can get a new sear engagement screw?

I couldn't find anything at Sarco or Numrich Gun Parts.

Posts: 267 | Location: Kingsville, Texas 78363 | Registered: 19 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
http://www.brownells.com/ is always a good place to look for small stuff like this. They have gunsmithing screw sets of some sorts. Don't know if they have one like you need. Is what you need shouldered or in any way unusual?

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Save yourself a headach & throw that POS trigger away & buy a Timny.

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
there is no head on it. it is long and split in the middle for a screwdriver bit.

Posts: 267 | Location: Kingsville, Texas 78363 | Registered: 19 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Save yourself a headache & throw that POS trigger away & buy a Timney.

I'd look around for it a bit. If no luck comes of your search, see the above quote...

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
I seem to remember the same thing happening some time back to another fella and i think he was told the same thing

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Save yourself a headach & throw that POS trigger away & buy a Timny.

I don't feel quite that hostile toward them but, I do replace them with Timney's or Bold's.

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
don't feel quite that hostile toward them but, I do replace them with Timney's or Bold's

I had two Bold triggers on MKXs. I gave both of them away. They were the ones with the side safety. Even after altering the lever I found I didn't like the way they fit my stocks. My wife has one and she likes the feel. So no way in HE!! would I touch it. Big Grin

I have the normal MKX trigger on most of my rifles. Just a touch of work and I've never had any trouble with them. Heck I even remove the saftey and use them with the FN left side lever. Are they a target trigger nope. I have no trouble making a smooth 3# trigger for my hunting rifles. So I'm glad you guys don't like them allows me to pick them up dirt cheap. Wink

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I talked about this problem to a man in our shootin' club this morning. He says to try the same screw from a CZ527. Just passin' along the info. I make no promises or guarantees...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I contacted Remington today, who directed me to their importer, European American Arms. The lady who took my call was very nice, but had no clue what I was talking about. She took my name and phone number and I got a call from one of their technicians. He said the triggers are imported in as asembled units and there are no spare parts for them. He also said that they are not supposed to be adjusted; "that's why they are lok-tighted."