Find
Notify
Tools

Re: barrel band front sight
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of z1r
posted
Lyman made some and I see them from time to time on EBAY.. Funny thing is, they sell for more used than the NECG does new.

Posts: 4864 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
Maybe a Ruger? Just a thought.

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a couple of old Redfield barrel band front sights that have the standard dovetail..New in the box I think..If that is something that interrests you let me know. I may even have a Lyman or two around here someplace, seems like I saw one the other day...

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ray: Don't mean to butt in, But i sure could use one of those sights, I have a Browning 1895 lever gun with a Ashley outdoors peep on the bolt, But the front sight came off so i've been looking for a barrel band type base. Are yours sweat on or drill and tap? My barrel diameter tapers from the muzzle at .680 to where the sight would be is .690, The lower the ramp the better on this one. If you could spare one i would be grateful, Thanks, Swede96.

Posts: 87 | Location: Woodbury, Ct. 06798 | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
i am looking for a banded front sight. i know necg has one available through brownells, but i am looking for something different. i have used several that brownells carried years ago that were cut with a standard .375 dovetail for the beads. i contacted them and they couldn't help me with the manufacturer. if anyone has an old catalog and would look it up and let me know or if anyone knows of any other manufacturer i would really appreciate the information. thanks, max

Posts: 128 | Location: southeastern pa | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
ray,
thanks for the offer. i will get to the shop and measure the barrel and get in touch with you.
thanks,
max

Posts: 128 | Location: southeastern pa | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why not try Wisner's?

jwisner@quik.com

Posts: 5523 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
I have a Lyman banded front ramp in .640 ID that i will trade for a NECG in .650 ID & i will kick in $15.00 to boot if anyone is interested.

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote