THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Synthetic stocks with integral bipods,cartridge holder

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Synthetic stocks with integral bipods,cartridge holder
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I remember seeing some sythetic stocks a while ago which had fold away bipods built into them ans another stock with pop out cartridge holders to store a few extra rounds. Does anyone know who makes these? I will be after another stock for my 300 weatherby and was thinking about these.

Sympathy please ,I have champagne tastes and beer budget

Posts: 618 | Location: Singleton ,Australia | Registered: 28 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cr500:
I remember seeing some sythetic stocks a while ago which had fold away bipods built into them ans another stock with pop out cartridge holders to store a few extra rounds. Does anyone know who makes these? I will be after another stock for my 300 weatherby and was thinking about these.

I believe Sako uses stocks like that for their Jeff Cooper Scout Rifles. Who actually makes them I have no idea.

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think these were made by Lee Six and he is no longer in business in San Jose. He is now working with another fiber stock maker that deals mainly in benchrest stocks back in central US- . Name slips my memory at the moment.
BJB

Posts: 514 | Location: now in Lower Slower Delaware | Registered: 21 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
I think you're refering to the Clifton stock. Brent Clifton patented the bipod that pulled out of the forearm. Clifton has been out of business for a while (1997 or so). Jim Brockman does the same cartidge trap.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11142 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote