Find
Notify
Tools

Re: is it just me
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I just logged out and logged in again.
Presto, the number of unread posts re-appeared!

Posts: 1210 | Location: Zurich | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I was playing around in "My Home" and thought that I screwed something up, glad to see it wasn't just me who saw the change.

Posts: 12693 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Yep, looks like it's replaced with a little "Jump to First Unread Post" thing above your name.

I don't see that on my screen, is it an option that needs to be set?

Posts: 1688 | Location: East Coast | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't see the jump to first unread post option.

Posts: 2339 | Location: Moses Lake WA | Registered: 17 October 2000Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,

We are in the process of upgrading our software to a diferent version - supposedly more abel to handle the amount of traffic we have at AR.

In this process, we have to do go from version 6.4 to 6.5, and then on to EVE.

We were adviced that EVE is going ot be able to handle the growth of the forums, which I hope is true, as I personally hate having to ugrade every few months.

Just for your information, we have been averaging over 100,000 page views every day now, and the current software is unable to handle that, together with the search function.

Posts: 68653 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
Thanks Saeed, We do appreciate it. Sorry, I haven't been by the political forum lately to call you names . I'll get around to it soon .

Terry

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think Don upgraded to a new version of the web management software. So depending on what it is possible to customize, it may simply be the way things are done in the new version. Yes, I liked the old way (number of unread replies visible) better too, but in the greater scheme of things....

Other than these minor details, it seems like the upgrade went very fast and was by and large without problems. So,,,, a resounding "good job" to the admin guys on this one.

- mike

P.S. The search facility seems to have been reactivated - another advatage of having done the upgrade. Plus,,, I'm getting great response times from the site. All good stuff.

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yep, looks like it's replaced with a little "Jump to First Unread Post" thing above your name.

I noticed it this morning as well.

It *does* still take you to where you "left off" in the middle of the ongoing threads, but it was nice to see how many new posts there were.

Don & Saeed did a software upgrade/change yesterday. I guess this is part of the new deal.

FWIW, I liked the old way better...