Find
Notify
Tools

Ghost ring on a big-bore double???
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted
(I posted same questions in DR forum...sorry)

I want to put a ghost ring aperature sight on my Merkel .500 NE.

Quetions:

1) Would you do it for a DG rifle?

2) If so...do you change the front blade as well???

3) Does anyone have any expereience doing it?
a. if so...any suggestions on parts???
b. or...a gunsmith who has done it???

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36725 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am playing with the small Skinner ring that screws directly into the rear scope base hole on my Sabatti. As it is fixed windage wise I shall see if I need to install a dovetail front. It appears, so far, that all is straight on the 450-400. The other option I am looking at is the Weaver based one from NECG. I have one and the base supplied with the Sabatti. When I get home I will fiddle.

Posts: 1575 | Location: Either far north Idaho or Hill Country Texas depending upon the weather | Registered: 26 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
I just saw one somewhere that installs in the euro mounts that was on a Heym double.. Was from Prechtl of Germany...It was on NitroExpress.com, but their pages are down.

http://www.golmatic.de/Waffen_...en/jagdwaffen_en.htm

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote