Find
Notify
Tools

Mercury Recoil reducers
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Brando
posted
Im looking to buy a recoil reducer and install it on a old Rem 700 stock I have here in Korea that I have been refinishing and practicing checkering.

Who has good reducers these days at a fair price? Im new to this whole recoil reducer thing so this will be my first project at installing one. But the main objective here is too learn for my pater project which invloves the furniture for my 500AR.

Posts: 468 | Location: Goldsboro, NC. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of buffybr
posted Hide Post
I have Recoil Reducers in three of my shotguns and two rifles. I know that 3 of them are mercury and 1 is mechanical. I can't remember what the fifth one is. They all work.

I've bought them on Gunbroker and from Brownell's. Brownell's has a good variety.

NRA Endowment Life Member

Posts: 1632 | Location: Boz Angeles, MT | Registered: 14 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As long as your in South Korea ... good luck receiving them. They wont let anything with mercury into a plane for shipping. Must go sea freight, and Brownell's mentioned a US$250 fee.
Cheers...
Con

Posts: 2198 | Location: Australia | Registered: 24 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brando
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I just found that out. So I guess I will be waiting till I get back stateside to install it.

Posts: 468 | Location: Goldsboro, NC. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote