New
Find
Notify
Tools

M.J. Tulo Gunmakers?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anybody done business with these guys? They offer color case hardened (or charcoal blued) Talley mounts, grip caps, and sling studs at what seems to be pretty fair prices, but maybe I'm missing something.

Web Page

Posts: 1366 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 10 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike was/is an instructor at CST (or was when I was there). He may be doing this full time now.

Give him a call and talk to him. I am sure he will be happy to talk. and talk. and talk to you.

He posts here occasionally, he may chime in.

Nathaniel Myers
Myers Arms LLC
nathaniel@myersarms.com
www.myersarms.com
Follow us on Instagram and YouTube

I buy Mauser actions, parts, micrometers, tools, calipers, etc. Specifically looking for pre-WWII Mauser tools.

Posts: 1489 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 06 June 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
Mike lives/works just up the road from me. I've met with him several times.

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4861 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Neither one of you gave him a pat on the back.

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
Michael's work is better than many I know. I know he is offering color cased parts, I've just never seen them. He introduced them after my last visit with him. As I recall, he has posted pics here in the past.

Can't rightly endorse what I haven't seen. I have no reason to doubt that they aren't quality parts either.

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4861 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He's done a couple of finish jobs for me including CC, no problems, good turn around time. I would use him again.

Posts: 1145 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 04 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
Mike is on vacation this week so you will probably have difficulty getting in touch with him.
Right now, he is working on a Martini and a Ruger No.1 for me.
They should be done in a couple weeks. I will post pictures if he doesn't first.

Posts: 3243 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Butch you are right but neither one has seen my colors in person. I have been out of town here are some photo's of some color jobs
A Meridian shotgun we restored

A custom Fox done for Brownell's

A single action army we colored and charcoal blued

A Mauser

Thanks for the interest and Mike you need to come by sometime.

Michael J

Posts: 485 | Location: Lakewood Colorado | Registered: 17 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks great!

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Butch

Michael J

Posts: 485 | Location: Lakewood Colorado | Registered: 17 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
The Mausers look even better in person!

Posts: 3243 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They do look great Mike!

I'll have to send you some business Smiler

Nathaniel Myers
Myers Arms LLC
nathaniel@myersarms.com
www.myersarms.com
Follow us on Instagram and YouTube

I buy Mauser actions, parts, micrometers, tools, calipers, etc. Specifically looking for pre-WWII Mauser tools.

Posts: 1489 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 06 June 2010Reply With Quote