New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cool new SMP 404 product, FYI
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I saw this new offering from Sound Metal Products.

If you're a fan of the 404 Jeffery as I am, you might find this very interesting!

From their web site:

4MJ We have re designed the floorplate, box dimension and follower to accomodate (4) 404 Jeffery rounds in the magazine. All in a standard depth configuration. $450

4MXJ The 4MXJ is a drop box to accomodate 5 rounds of 404 Jeffery. $450

I think this is great.

Cheers, Allen

It's a Mauser thing, you wouldn't understand.

Posts: 656 | Location: North of Prescott AZ | Registered: 25 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 724wd
posted Hide Post
man, i saw this and thought it was Tom Bosley for SMC... glad it's an actual post! Big Grin

NRA Life Member

Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.

Posts: 992 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A lot of interest in this new product.. We have given the follower a bit more "wriggle room" and made the floorplate out of slighly thicker material to create a sort of shallow "Rigby style"...you can hardly see the difference..you know..a few thou here and another few there...pretty soon we're talking serious improvement.

The rails, of course, will need to take a share of the increased capacity in the form of proper machining.

But..when set up right, you can easily load four down in the standard depth and still be able to compress the top round to slide one "up the pipe":

Even this variation still has a shallower profile than most available out there.

We also have a protype for four down in the 500 Jeff...available shorly. This involves a Rigby or (coffin) style floorplate. And lastly, the "coffin style" is now available for the magnum Enfield. up to 505 Gibbs...

The past year of development has been gratifying to us and I give a lot of credit to our prouction manager, Tim Cleary

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had Jim Dubell use one of these Wiebe bottom metal pieces for my 404 Jeff project. I seem to remember Jim saying Duane had them in stock so I wonder if I got the older style.

Project so far...

Posts: 952 | Location: Mass | Registered: 14 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The first style can be retrofitted with new floorplate, follower

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duane Wiebe:
The first style can be retrofitted with new floorplate, follower

So, is the box the same width as the 458 lott box?

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6836 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pretty much