New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for a fiberglass stock.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a G33 40 mauser I'm going to barrel ( 256 Newton) I would like to have a blind magazine classic style FG stock for it.
Anyone know of one being made?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
a 33/40 in a classic round with a tupperware stock shockerauuuuuuuuuuugh please say it isn't so faint blasphamy :2 space 0:mommy mommy wake me up i'm having a nightmare CRYBABY shades of blaser nilly help help help

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have a G33 40 mauser I'm going to barrel ( 256 Newton) I would like to have a blind magazine classic style FG stock for it.Anyone know of one being made?

What a shame. CRYBABY

The couple of FG Mauser stocks that I have built for a blind box I had to alter them for myself.

Now that I said that. I have one MPI and one High Tech I have altered. But if memory serves my wifes 7x57 came from the factory blind.

http://www.hightech-specialties.com/stocks.html
There website says they go either way. Wink

You really need me to cut you a nice piece of wood.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchloc:
a 33/40 in a classic round with a tupperware stock shockerauuuuuuuuuuugh please say it isn't so faint

He said fiberglass, not Tupperware. It offends "composite" aficionados when you use language like this. You should know better... Wink

Posts: 1138 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 07 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Alright guys, don't have a heart attack.
It will also have a nice Woodstock. I wanted something I could switch out for Mt goat or the weeklong rainy spells etc.

one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
You might call Brown Precision and ask them to make one for you. If they can't, start with one of their fiberglass stocks and modify it--I don't recomend starting with the Kevlar model. Those Kevlar fibers are a PITA to deal with.

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2939 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Those Kevlar fibers are a PITA to deal with.

tu2 That is a fact.

OK since you are talking both. Big Grin While not a Brown or McMillan the High Tech makes a nice light hunting stock for the price. The wife has used hers for years from TX to CO Mtn and Africa. No issues.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
It would be easy to make one; take any 98 Mauser stock and glass in the mag bottom and receiver ring sides. And paint it. Everything else is standard 98 Mauser.

Posts: 17190 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I did what DPCD suggests using a High Tech Specialties stock. Be warned these are not finished and require a lot of sanding filling and painting. I used this stock to keep the weight to a minimum. The finished rifle tips the scales at 6.5# scoped.

It would be easy to mod a Bell and Carlson to fit the G33/40.

Jeremy

Posts: 1480 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 28 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
TooManyTools knows whereof he speaks! He built me a 7X57 on a G33/40 with all the weight reductions possible (blind magazine, light scope mts, etc.) with the Brown Precision Kevlar. Chose the Kevlar after having all the others in my hand, including High Tech. He did a wonderful job and I could hear the effort from 1500 miles away!
Don't get carried away, I got what I wanted--after 2 cancer surgeries and plenty of arthrites in both knees I don't get around very well and every time I pick up the 6lb10oz rifle complete with scope and full magazine and sling I just smile and drag my legs to the stand. Planned for this for 40 years and love it. John's work is top notich and wonderful to behold. Thanks, John

Posts: 201 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
small ring 98

square shooter

Posts: 2608 | Location: Moore, Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree,
not only does John do great work, but he's a hell of a nice guy to boot!