New
Find
Notify
Tools

6x45 in cz 527?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello, I know the conversion has been done, and I have made up dummy rounds for my 527, a full stock 223, and they feed fine. I am thinking of having the rifle rebored. Any suggestions for a smith, rifling twist etc? The rifle would be a little more well suited to my purposes as a 6mm (mostly small deer, maybe a fox if I ever get lucky) I would probably use 80-85 grain bullets but would like the option of trying 100gr round noses. thanks for any info or advice you can give me.
Ian

one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
If you plan to rebore, try Dan Pedersen, I have had him rebore for me with good results.

Classic Barrel and Gun Works
339 Grove Av
Prescott, Az. 86301
http:\\www.cutrifle.com

Having had a 6x45, I would go with a 1:9 or faster twist barrel, as then you can use VLD bullets.

Dave

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3821 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted Hide Post
Ok your not getin much response here so against my better judgement here goes I am working with a ctg. based on a 223 necked up to 338 and cut off to fit a standard magazine 160 gr x at 2300 is turning out to be a fantastic deer/ pig round out to 150 yds full velocity in 16 in bbl and one of the best ones so far is on a 527 very small magazine adjustment and barrell change is all it takes. I am not selling anything but would be glad to help if you want.

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT

Posts: 1624 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 04 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cummins cowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by yahoo:
Hello, I know the conversion has been done, and I have made up dummy rounds for my 527, a full stock 223, and they feed fine. I am thinking of having the rifle rebored. Any suggestions for a smith, rifling twist etc? The rifle would be a little more well suited to my purposes as a 6mm (mostly small deer, maybe a fox if I ever get lucky) I would probably use 80-85 grain bullets but would like the option of trying 100gr round noses. thanks for any info or advice you can give me.
Ian

For small deer, The 7.62x39 is a good choice, and their are already rifles chambered, otherwise a few guys have done up some 527's in 6.8spc and 6.5 grendal, there where rumors CZ was thinking of chambering the 6.8spc in the 527, although the 6.8 hasn't taken off like some had hoped

in times when one needs a rifle, he tends to need it very badly.....PHC

Posts: 1755 | Location: slc Ut | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote