New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mauser Type "A" Stock ?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am having a 404 Jeffrey built on 1909 Argentine Mauser action. I would really like get a stock in the Mauser Type A style, similar to those shown in the book "Original Oberndorf Sporting Rifles" by Jon Speed.

Does anyone know of a place where I can buy a semi-inletted stock of this pattern?

Is there anyone who specializes in Mauser sporting stocks that can duplicate this pattern?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Tim

Posts: 1430 | Location: California | Registered: 21 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am pretty sure Jim Brockman has a pattern and he has my Obendorf pattern stock with side panels for sure...208-934-5050

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Great American Gunstocks also has original Mauser patterns. I'd try Jim first.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Remember the drop mag Tim! There are lots of stocks out there for the L.R. Mauser, but none I know of that will take the L.G. drop mag.

one of us
posted Hide Post
AHHHH!!!

How could I forget. Yes, Steve is correct. I need a stock that can accommodate a larger drop magazine box.

I will call Brockman next week. However, I think my best course is to just start with a nice blank and go from there.

Tim

Posts: 1430 | Location: California | Registered: 21 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've seen some pics of mighty nice looking patterns for Mausers, for drop boxes, from this place. I corresponded with them, and they said the patterns were set up for Blackburn boxes. You might give them a try.

http://www.gunstocksinc.com/

Best of luck,
Todd

Posts: 1248 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 14 April 2001Reply With Quote