Find
Notify
Tools

Looking For Win Mod 70 SA Stock
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of mbogo375
posted
As posted on the classifieds I need a stock for a current project. I am attaching a copy of that post below.

Thanks,
Jim

posted 11-07-2003 20:51 I am looking to buy a Winchester Model 70 Short Action wood stock (right hand). THE WOOD MUST HAVE WELL ABOVE AVERAGE FIGURE(this is an absolute must)! It can be almost any variation stock for the Model 70 SA (Featherweight, Classic, etc), and the finish does not have to be perfect (I can live with a few shallow dents or scratches). This is for a current project, and I need it as soon as possible.

PLEASEEEEEEE HELP !!!!!!,
JIm

Posts: 1206 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 21 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mbogo375
posted Hide Post
BTT

HELP!!! [Big Grin] ,
Jim

one of us
posted Hide Post
Boyds might have something.

Chuck

Posts: 2659 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mbogo375
posted Hide Post
Chuck,

Thanks for the suggestion, but I am looking for a Winchester factory stock to save time on inletting (it will be bedded and minor reshaping will be done,however).

Come on guys, surely someone has a Winchester take-off stock with nice figure that they would be willing to sell [Smile] . I would also consider a pre-inlet or semi-inlet if it has nice figure.

Thanks,
Jim

[ 11-12-2003, 04:58: Message edited by: mbogo375 ]

one of us
Picture of RSY
posted Hide Post
If you have to have Winchester, go to the parts catalog on the their site. Of course, it'll be a little hard to judge figuring.

http://www.winchester-guns.com/services/parts/index.htm

Posts: 785 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2001Reply With Quote