New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nesika Barrel Tennon Drawing
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Gentlemen, does anyone have a barrel tennon/breach drawing for a Nesika action? The action is labeled Poulsbo WA, serial number E0052. Thanks.

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
No but if you have the action in hand, just measure the threads. I don't use the factory specs anyway, they always give sloppy fits; I custom fit each barrel to each action.

Posts: 17288 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good advice there, it is called "thread to fit"

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5523 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
I agree with the two experts make it fit.. I had a note that it was 1 1/16" 18tpi The length would depend on recoil lug or not. Almost a 700 tenon but 18tpi vs 16tpi.

I'm on vacation so working mostly from swiss cheese memory

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I idly wonder if cerro-cast might take an image that could be used to make an EDM tool.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14624 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
I just have to ask why you would want to do that? What is the EDM for? I cut threads on an engine lathe.

Posts: 17288 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone for information. I was wondering about the angle on the cone breach for this action. I measured the bolt looks to be 60 degrees included. I always feel better if I have a drawing from the maker.

One of Us
Picture of Gundog 64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dan Stone:
Thanks everyone for information. I was wondering about the angle on the cone breach for this action. I measured the bolt looks to be 60 degrees included. I always feel better if I have a drawing from the maker.

Dan,
Contact Chad Dixon at Long RIfles Inc. in Sturgis. He will be able to give you all the info on your Nesika you may need. He was a former employee at Nesika.

Posts: 798 | Location: MI | Registered: 26 November 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
I just have to ask why you would want to do that? What is the EDM for? I cut threads on an engine lathe.

Maybe to get a closer match to the existing threads, cut with a maybe fresh and maybe worn tool.
It was an idle speculation anyhow, no guarantee that it would be either possible or worth doing.
My machining skills are at the hobby level, after all. It was your observation that while modern replacement stocks are made with CNC, older rifles were not, that introduced me to thinking in those terms.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14624 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gundog, Thanks, I will;l contact him.