New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need to locate a stock for a Browning BBR
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I posted this WTB on the Classified forum with any response. Can someone help with a suggestion on where I maight find a replacement stock?

I have a friend that managed to break the stock on his Browning rifle. This break is beyond repair and he needs a new or replacement stock. The rifle is a long action Browning Bolt Rifle (BBR). FWIW, it is a 25-06. ...

Posts: 277 | Location: Newton, MS | Registered: 08 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I broke the stock on my BBR too, about 20 yrs ago. From what I understand lots of the BBR stock broke. I modified a Bell and Carlson Abolt stock and made it work. Turned out heavy cause of all the betting compound I used, but I was young and dumb at the time. Now I old and stupid. None the less it worked.

My BBR stock broke like a baseball breaks, but not all the way in half, dang near, but I fixed it good enough I put the bld action back in the wood stock.

with a little bit of work a fist generation synthitic abolt stock can be made to work

Billy,

High in the shoulder

(we band of bubbas)

Posts: 1868 | Location: League City, Texas | Registered: 11 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Brownell's does not list them for that specific model. A-Bolt stocks are running $400.00. I do not know if the they are interchangable. Check Ebay, or call the factory. It is going to be salty, maybe look into a custom synthetic or a Boyds laminate. Alhems will checker it for $75.00. Good luck

One of Us
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=55955260

Billy,

High in the shoulder

(we band of bubbas)

Posts: 1868 | Location: League City, Texas | Registered: 11 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
Gringo's link is to Midwest Gun Works, the real deal. They are good folks with real Browning parts; mostly inventory bought as Browning liquidated old model parts to make room for newer production I believe they are also an authorized Browning repair center.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11142 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all of you for the info. This will get me what I need.

Posts: 277 | Location: Newton, MS | Registered: 08 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Duck,

I dealt with Midwest Gun Works when I needed a stock for my old Winchester 101 shotgun.

My one (but very good) expereince with them was very positive.

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Isn't the BBR receiver very similar to the "lightweight" (Six lug) Weatherby Mk5?

AllanD

If I provoke you into thinking then I've done my good deed for the day!
Those who manage to provoke themselves into other activities have only themselves to blame.

*We Band of 45-70er's*

35 year Life Member of the NRA

NRA Life Member since 1984

Posts: 4601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 21 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
Richards Microfit ( http://www.rifle-stocks.com/actions_available.htm ) advertises Browning BBR, long and short action stocks if your into doing a semi-inlet.

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote