Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

remington 700 trigger assembly
 Login/Join

posted
Does anyone have a picture or instructions on how to re-install a trigger on a remington 700.
Forgot to take pictures. I need to know how the bolt stop and the bolt stop spring goes back in place on the rear pin.

one of us
posted Hide Post
ohboy

They go back in with a great degree of difficulty. About a 10.

Google Remington Triggers and you will find instructions there.

Before you start, get yourself a short piece of 1/8" drill rod and make a couple of slave pins and a couple of extra long pins too (1 1/2 to 2 inches). You're going to need them.

Good Luck. You're going to need that too if you've never done this job before. I've done it hundreds of times and still have a tough time of it occasionally.

Ray

Arizona Mountains

Posts: 1560 | Location: Arizona Mountains | Registered: 11 October 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Does anyone have a picture on how the bolt stop spring goes back in on a older remington 700 trigger.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The long end of the spring points forward and pushes the bolt stop up into the action slot.

Posts: 460 | Location: Auburn CA. | Registered: 25 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
ohboy

The bolt stop spring on the old M700s is completely different. It is a small coil spring that sits between the rear end of the bolt stop and a small recess in the action itself. It is a lot easier to install than the later version since the pin dies not go through it.

In the later versions, getting the pin through the action, trigger, bolt-stop spring, and bolt-stop all at once is what makes it difficult. That's where the slave pin and long pin will come in handy.

Ray

Arizona Mountains

Posts: 1560 | Location: Arizona Mountains | Registered: 11 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
The spring sits between the bolt stop and the receiver. The short leg hooks behind the trigger and as SWD says, the long leg is forward and sits on top of the bolt stop.

When I'm assembling these items; after installing the short, front pin first, I insert the pointy end of the "long" pin through the stop, through the spring and then into the receiver. Then, with the safety in the "ON" position, I will eyeball the alignment of the slave pin from the opposite side, and tap the pin through, until the back end of the pin is flush with the bolt stop.

Remember front pin first, safety in the "ON" position.

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
How does the short leg hook behing the trigger. Also in what direction does the long leg on the spring face towards the receiver or away from it. If anyone has a picture it would be greatly appreciated.

One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Westpac

Thanks for the picture