New
Find
Notify
Tools

Synthetic stock for a mauser
 Login/Join

<Mark>
posted
I'm thinking of getting a Butler Creek stock for my Turkish Mauser. I have read some of the discussions here about the Turks and was wondering if the stock would be large ring or small ring?
Is the difference between the Turk and other 98s internal (ie barrel thread diameter), or external (ie front receiver ring)?
Also, any opinions on the BC stock. I don't want to spend too much and my only other choice is a Ram-line.
Thanks

------------------
Kluane Mountaineering Ltd
http://www.kluane.ab.ca

<landtrain>
posted
Look at the AD carefully. If it says "for the military step barrel" it will fit the Mauser without any (little) effort. If it says for a sporter barrel, wou will have a lot of scrapping to do. Best price I found was from Midway. $69.99 on sale. for sporter barrels. Read all of the post on this forum. There has been a lot written about converting them to other calibers and using Remington barrels. Get your gun smith involved before you buy. He's the best insurance you have.

one of us
posted Hide Post
For the mauser I like Ram line stocks they drop in but for the best results think about glass bedding also. The bedding takes up all the extra space that is built in so they fit all the differant manufactures.

Posts: 19396 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
<migra>
posted
I've done Mausers with the Butler Creek and the Bell and Carlson stocks. I like either one as well. I ordered a Ram Line once and the fit was so poor, I sent it back. All of these rifles had aftermarket barrels and were glass bedded so barrel channel fit wasn't a problem.