Find
Notify
Tools

Contender Carbine Youth Stock??
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Dear All,

Am I mistaken when I believe, there used to be "youth stocks" available for Contender Carbines (old model, not G2)?? I don't seem to be able to find any of these any more, what is the scoop??

Are new Contender Carbine stocks all made for scope useage?? It used to be the other way round, all CC stocks were made for open sights, and I had trouble finding a stock for a scoped Contender. I figured, if I was to start a kid on a Contender, it would probably be best to do so with open sights??

What length of pull are you looking at for boys, maybe, 8-14 years old?? Obviously, this depends on the size of the lad, but are there typical values used??

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes they still do make one with a 12" pull. Check it out at their custom shop at http://www.foxridgeoutfitters.com

Posts: 168 | Location: No. Minnesota | Registered: 10 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Cossack. There it was!
- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote