New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sako Floorplate ?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
My latest project is a rifle for my wife, I'm using a Sako L579 308 action.

I'm wondering if anyone knows where I get a steel floor plate made or to buy to replace the aluminum one that comes with original action?

If I can't replace the aluminum floor plate
doe's anyone have any suggestion on what I can do as far matching the bluing of the barreled action.

Your help would be appreciated.
Thanks

one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1366 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 10 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Glen, thanks for the reply.
I already have a floor plate assembly for the Sako, what I'm looking to find is to see if anyone is making one out of steel so that I can have it blued to match the barreled action after I'm done putting the rifle together.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hit-em

I have one but I am not sure if it is what you are looking for. It is a steel floor plate from a 308 sako medium action (I am not sure if it is a 57, 579 or AII) I think it is from one of the pre-Garcia "deluxe" models with some sort of fancy geometric engraving. I know it is steel. I can look for it and sent a pic but I will be in SD chasing birds for the next 5 days. Send me a PM if you are interested in a picture.

Roger

Posts: 254 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 20 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Roger,
Thanks for the offer, but I think I found what I'm looking for.
Good luck out in SD.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I need a mag box, follower and spring for a 308 Sako AII Don't mean to steal your thread but perhaps you guys can help me out...