New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: HS Precision "Pro-Hunter Rifle???
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have 3 HS Precision rifles. They all shoot extremely well. For what you get i.e. a custom action, match grade barrel, excellent trigger etc., top grade stock they are IMHO a bargain.
The Hunter stocks don't have a cheekpeice, the Pro-Hunters do. Buy one and I think you'll love it........DJ

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have one in .270 WSM. The rifle is indeed a good shooter and the built in recoil reducer works, this rifle has less recoil than 5 others I own in .270 WSM. I think the stock would be OK to shoot lefty, although I don't think any right handed rifle will do really really well for you as long as you're shooting lefty??? The one comment I will pass along is that I had feeding problems with my rifle and I was very frustrated & disappointed. They finally got it worked out, but customer service was a nightmare. I had never fired the rifle and suggested that I exchange it for another caliber and you can just f'ing forget that! They were extremely rude and I used up all the pairs of ass kissing lips that I had in stock just to get them to get the feeding worked out. They did pay for the shipping back to them by way of a UPS call tag after much pleading, but long story short I had paid for my rifle and owned it for 8 months before I shot it the first time. I have heard of nightmare customer service from other firearms manufacturers too, and have had some poor treatment from Browning on one rifle I had some similar issues with--300WSM that wouldn't feed-- but in the final analysis it is a good shooter, I don't like it any more than my restocked (McMillan) SAKO 75's though, and it doesn't shoot any better either... it is a lot more expensive though. As another thought the magazine system doesn't hold a candle to the SAKO system--few do.

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Djpaintless - The two models I'm looking at are the pro-hunter and sporter. Does the sporter model have the "hunter" stock you are speaking of?

Posts: 410 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 12 August 2004Reply With Quote