Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Yugo AK - Fix Sight Tower Cant?
 Login/Join

posted
First, I have read up in other places and know pretty much how to fix this sight tower cant on my AK Yugo B1. My question is, do you guys think I should bother, or should I just sight the rifle in and forget about it. The cant is slightly to the right and the gun shoots (as one would expect) slightly to the left. I have ordered the tool to sight it in, but am tempted to fix the sight tower. This would require some minor surgery though and wouldn't be the easiest thing to do...

See pics below:

Posts: 9 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Corrected links...

Posts: 9 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Are you reloading for this or using surplus ammo ?.

If your reloading then I'd suggest .

Get an optical sight such as an Aim Site holographic or something along that line .

Iron sights on these aren't the best in my opinion even after fixing the cant .

If using surplus ammo , then it's JUST PERFECT !.

Shoot Straight Know Your Target . ... salute

Posts: 1738 | Location: Southern Calif. | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hierophant:
First, I have read up in other places and know pretty much how to fix this sight tower cant on my AK Yugo B1. My question is, do you guys think I should bother, or should I just sight the rifle in and forget about it. The cant is slightly to the right and the gun shoots (as one would expect) slightly to the left. I have ordered the tool to sight it in, but am tempted to fix the sight tower. This would require some minor surgery though and wouldn't be the easiest thing to do...

See pics below:

Politically speaking of course, I've always prefered guns who's sights lean to the right and hit to the left. Big Grin

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
These sights were part of a covert operation perpetrated by the CIA; another one of the little things that led to us wining the Cold War. clap

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2946 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Non-trivial fix, assuming the Yugo is a standard AK.
The front site tower is pinned to barrel, down at the bottom, and IIRC lightly spot welded.

Adjust the sight and get that minute of pie plate accuracy.

And IM(not so)HO, if winning the cold war was based on the designs of the two standard fighting rifles, we'd be speaking russian. Eeker

Posts: 238 | Location: NY | Registered: 10 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
Mine is cocked over worse than yours and it's the best shooting AK (<--- oxymoron Roll Eyes) I've ever owned. I would be scared to attempt to fix mine as it may ruin it's accuracy.

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
AK front sight bases can be varying degrees of difficulty to align. tap out the pins, secure the barrel in a vise, and give the FSB a whack with a dead-blow hammer. maybe it will work, maybe not.