New
Find
Notify
Tools

1862 Colt reproduction revolvers
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My query does not fit comfortably in any forum. Gunsmithing may have qualified and interested participants.
Does any manufacturer of 1862 Colt reproduction revolvers make it available with steel grip frame assembly rather than brass?

If such an 1862 is not available, does anyone make available an after-market steel grip frame assemly? While I think reproduction .31-caliber Colt percussion revolvers grip frames fit 1862 revolvers, I don't know this for sure. I believe some of these may have steel grip frames or may have after-market steel grip frame assemblies made for them.

I just do not care for brass.

It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it. Sam Levinson

Posts: 1507 | Location: Seeley Lake | Registered: 21 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of GunCat
posted Hide Post
If memory serves me correctly there may be some of the larger repro 1860 Army revolvers with a steel grip frame, but I have never seen any of the other frames sizes (your 1862 or 1849 included) that carried anything other than a brass (or nickel plated brass) grip frame

Steve Rose
----------
Rose Action Sports, LLC
www.roseactionsports.com

Posts: 189 | Location: Western Kentucky | Registered: 02 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
www.cimarron-firearms.com

next question?

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I thought of Cimarron also, but after looking at their website, they seem to only offer it in a brass frame version.
You might try either Pedersoli or Uberti websites and maybe contact Dixie Gunworks to see if they may know of one. Good luck.

Posts: 1658 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote