New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rimrock Stocks???? Who has one???
 Login/Join

<Chuck66>
posted
I have been to their site and am awaiting a catalogue. But I wanted to know some opinions from the people who own them.
1. How heavy are they?
2. How do the hold up in the field?
3. Cost?
4. Balance?
5. Feel?
6. Action fit?
7. Wait time on ordering?

I appreciate all replies.

Chuck T.

[ 12-10-2002, 07:05: Message edited by: Chuck66 ]

one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Here you go. http://www.rimrockstocks.com/
 -

[ 12-10-2002, 08:43: Message edited by: Bear Claw ]

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine has one on his Interarms Mk X w/ Hart 270 barrel. Its a great stock, almost scratchproof. Can't tell you specifics except his rifle prints .3 grps with 130gr Nosler BTs.
 -
MtnHtr

Posts: 254 | Location: USA | Registered: 30 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I put one on my.425 express about 6 years ago, before Borden took over them from Pacific Research, and just can't say enough good things about them, .......built properly, no corners cut to weaken them, cost is right for what you're getting, they're light than many, balance just like a Remington, and will take all kinds of abuse that would be the end of many! ........Go for one and make yourself happy! ~Arctic~

Posts: 277 | Location: Yellowknife, NWT, Canada | Registered: 13 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Arctic:
I put one on my.425 express about 6 years ago, before Borden took over them from Pacific Research, and just can't say enough good things about them,

Are they reasonably quiet? I put a High Tech Specialties stock on a Mauser -- very comfortable and light but boy, is it loud when the sling swivel hits it.

John

Posts: 1246 | Location: Northern Virginia, USA | Registered: 02 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Arctic,

I sent you a PM regarding your 425 Express. Please respond. Thanks.

Craig

Posts: 530 | Location: Kulpmont, PA | Registered: 31 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a High Tech Specialities stock and I specified a "solid fill" on the forend and it's fine....you might try a set of the composite swivels marketed under the name "Quiet Swivels" I believe.

With respect to waiting time on a stock, it will depend on how you want it but I talked to them about a month ago and they quoted, as I remember, 3 to 5 weeks for a drop-in.....which I still beleive will need some bedding help. They are a very well designed stock that I think look especially great on Win Model 70's.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote