New
Find
Notify
Tools

ACGG / FEGA 2009 Show Reports?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I didn't make it to Reno again this year. Does anyone have any reports? I know the whole show is a highlight but was there anything in particular which stood out for anyone?

cheers,
- stu

Posts: 1210 | Location: Zurich | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There was a fabulous 416 Rigby on one of the engraver's tables with a stock that would knock your socks off. dancing

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5523 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jim,

You need to tell us a bit more. Hope you've got a photo or two. A bit of promotion never hurts.

- stu

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stu C:
Jim,

You need to tell us a bit more. Hope you've got a photo or two. A bit of promotion never hurts.

I agree...Jim Kobe needs to show us that Rigby, The show was very well attended, banquet sold out. All this gratifying since weather and "economy" should have had a negative effect.

- stu

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I read on the ACGG site last night that Tom Turpin won the raffle rifle this year. I really wanted that little rifle, but Tom has done a hell of a lot more for the custom gun world than I ever have, so I think it all came out OK in the wash. Wish he would write another custom gun and another engraving book.

Posts: 2509 | Location: Kisatchie National Forest, LA | Registered: 20 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That Rigby was the one I posted on the work in progress a few months back along with pictures of the sequence I use when doing a stock from the blank.

If all goes well, I will submit that as one of the entrance projects for full membership in the ACGG guild.

Thanks

t.com/albums/g83/Jkob60/416Rigby022.jpg[/IMG]

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5523 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
Even with all the talent on display, and it was spectacular as usual, the stuff on Ralf Martini's table kept drawing me back.

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4207 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Jim,

Which engraver had your Rigby on display? I went back and took another look at your work in progress thread. That was inspiring, but we still need pictures of the finished item.

- stu

one of us
posted Hide Post
I managed to Google someone else's photos of the exhibition - Link Here.

The Perazzi with the insects all over it is impressive. Anyone know whose work it is?

- stu

one of us
Picture of Idared
posted Hide Post
quote:
I read on the ACGG site last night that Tom Turpin won the raffle rifle this year.

Actually I think Tom was the person who drew the winning ticket out of the total accumulation of tickets. I understood the winner was someone else.

I agree Tom has done a ton to promote custom rifles and I would surely have been happy for him if he had won it.

"We do not exaggerate when we state positively that the remodelled Springfield is the best and most suitable "all 'round" rifle".......Seymour Griffin, GRIFFIN & HOWE, Inc.

Posts: 845 | Location: Central Washington State | Registered: 12 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You are right Ida. I just looked at the ACGG site again and it does say "Tom Turpin was the lucky winner," on the home page.

BUT...I clicked for more details it took me to another page and said he drew the ticket and a guy from CA was the winner.Guess it wad a minor editing slip up on the home page. Bet the guy really likes the little hornet!

Posts: 2509 | Location: Kisatchie National Forest, LA | Registered: 20 October 2004Reply With Quote