Find
Notify
Tools

Bore Scope With Camera Attachment
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
Gentlemen,

Anyone knows where we can get hold of a bore scope to which we can attach either a still or video camera?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Posts: 68668 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
<RickMD>
posted
Saeed:

They are quite common in the medical field. Olympus, Pentax, Stryker, Wolfe, etc. all make then in both rigid (glass rods) or flexible (fiber optic) versions. Expect to pay $24,000 to $40,000 for a new one with camera and processor. I work with a company that could custom make anything that you want and might be able to fix you up with used scopes at a attractive price.

Email me if your interested.

<338Lapua>
posted
I don't want to take any business away from Rick but here is a site that may be useful:

http://www.endoscopepartsplus.com/rigidendoscopes.htm

The rigid scopes would be the best, as Rick can probably atest, on the flexible scopes the outside covering has a tendancy to tear.

I worked in Urology for several years and sent many of the Flex Cysto's for repair of the outside covering.

Jim

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed, if you are considering using this on Chigger, might I suggest you use the one that 338Lapua said has the cover that tears. It might be a bit more painful.

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Zero Drift
posted Hide Post
Saeed - I am a part owner in a Hawkeye bore scope with the light kit. There is a camera attachment also available for both video and still photography. You can get more information from the manufacturer http://www.gradientlens.com/default.asp

The basic scope with light runs around $1,000. I have no idea what the camera attachment runs.

Posts: 10780 | Location: Test Tube | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
<338Lapua>
posted
Saeed,

I did little more checking around, my wife is a Biomedical Equipment Repair Tech, and had her look up some prices, this is what she gave:

Olympus Image Processor 67-92-DVU $2,500
Olympus A-2013 Rigid Cystoscope $2,667

That was all she had time to look up, I imagine you will still need a monitor/camera (around $700-$1000, I think may be wrong) and you will probably want a light source.

Just some more food for thought. I may be able to get a hold of a catolog or two and post more prices, may take a day or two though.

Jim

one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

Kenny Jarrett has a set up for doing this on his barrels. I have seen the videos he has made of such "scoping", but I do not know the details of the equipment he put together to do it.

Perhaps you can ask him what he is using.

Medical "stuff" usually costs more because it is for "medical use".

jim dodd

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jim at Arizona Ammunition has equipment to do this and he is a pretty stand-up guy.....I imagine if you ask him what he used he would tell you. His website is www.azammo.com

He is a treasure trove of information on what it takes to make a rifle perform.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gradient lens corp is the place t ogo for the borescope and camera. check out the website:

www.gradientlens.com/specialoffers.

Posts: 5521 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Zero Drift
posted Hide Post
Saeed - Not sure about Jarrett, however, if you read most of the gun rags, their bore scope pictures are generally taken with a Hawkeye. They seem to be THE standard in the industry. Considering the cost and quality of medial instruments, the Hawkeye is substantially less expensive (not that cost is a big deal for you guys). [Wink]

[ 01-07-2003, 23:19: Message edited by: Zero Drift ]

Posts: 10780 | Location: Test Tube | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,

Thank you all for your answers, I really appreciate it.

I had a look at the Hawkeye website, and they seem to have what we are looking for.

I will send an email to them, and will keep you up to date with developments.

We might go the whole hop and buy the camera nd video attachment.

Walter is already dreaming of ways to make the bullet "do summersaults" in the barrel and he wants to take a video of it too. One suggesting was that he looks at the bulet from the muzzle as it is being fired!

Posts: 68668 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tell Walter that if he blinks repeatedly, very quickly, he can approximate a sort of "freeze frame/stop action" effect. This will enable him to be able to see the somersaulting bullet more clearly as it approaches him [Wink]

SAT

Posts: 117 | Location: Sierra Foothills, CA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Zero Drift,

Would you be kind enough to point me towards a specific person I should contact?

I would appreciate an email with the details if you can provide that.

Many thanks.

One of Us
Picture of Zero Drift
posted Hide Post
Saeed -We purchased our Hawkeye and light kit from Sinclair. http://www.sinclairintl.com/

You can order direct from Gradient Lens from their website, however, I do not have a specific contact there http://www.gradientlens.com/order_service.asp

Hope this helps....

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,

I had a long discussion with Mr. Ken Harrington from Gradient Technologies, and he was very kind in explaining the different systems they have on offer.

The final outcome is I have just placed an order with him for a complete system that includes the ability to take both stills and video of the bore.

I also found out that we have a number of mutual friends!

Small world indeed.

I will let you know when the system arrives, and how it performs.

one of us
Picture of sonofagun
posted Hide Post
Be sure and let us know how well spit works as a bore cleaner!

Inquiring minds [Confused] want to know. [Big Grin]

Posts: 1946 | Location: Michigun | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote