Find
Notify
Tools

Reamer needed
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Want to rent or buy:

17 "K" Hornet Ackley improved finish reamer, anyone got one available?

Jim

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5521 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
It's listed as the 17 Ackley Hornet.

http://www.4-dproducts.com/dis...group=Rifle+Calibers

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
And though I doubt there are any easily identifiable differences that might be significant, historically they are two different rounds...

The .17 Ackley Hornet was an "improved" (blown out and sharper shouldered) case developed by P.O. Ackley, while the "K" Hornet was an improved Hornet developed by Lyle Kilbourn (SP?).

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jim
Check on the Saubier forum. Those guys shoot alot of them.

Hal

Posts: 164 | Location: Montana | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm sure you've heard, but Hornady had come out with a factory version of this concept called the 17 Hornet. Rifles are being made by savage and Ruger, with factory ammo by Hornady. You might want to consider this.

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3292 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote