New
Find
Notify
Tools

Polish M98 any good?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I know a guy who has a polish 98 mauser action for sale. He wants $300 for it. He says that polish mausers have the best steel of all 98's, and that their machining is as good as any ever made. What do you fella's think?

Matt

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3291 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
I don't know who the "fellow" is that you are speaking of but, I have one and have had the receiver heat treated. I don't know what the steel composition is but it sure is a nice one. It's a small ring and, If I don't sell it, it will become a .280 Remington.

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ColoradoMatt:
I know a guy who has a polish 98 mauser action for sale. He wants $300 for it. He says that polish mausers have the best steel of all 98's, and that their machining is as good as any ever made. What do you fella's think?

Matt

Hallo matt,
ther it is a Book, it is named "Mauser M98 & M96" bey R.A. Welsch. ISBN 1-879356-52X
This book gif anser bey the steel and fabrik´s and stamps at the Systems.
i think this book gif ansers on all yor question.

Jan

Posts: 19 | Location: Germany | Registered: 29 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Herzlichen Wilkommen, Sie werden ein batzen info hier finden. Viel Spass und hoffentlich werden wir was von unsere Euro Brueder lernen

Posts: 276 | Location: MId-Michigan (back in the States) | Registered: 21 September 2005Reply With Quote