New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brno Question?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone know if the Brno 21/22's and ZG47's have the C type of cut in the receiver ring? Not sure I have ever looked.

ddj

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back - Robert Ruark

Posts: 966 | Location: Northwest Iowa | Registered: 10 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes they do.

Posts: 603 | Location: Louisiana USA | Registered: 24 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the help. It doesn't have a cut on both sides that I would call a H style?

ddj

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back - Robert Ruark

Posts: 966 | Location: Northwest Iowa | Registered: 10 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have owned about every model of Brno bolt rifle ever made from V-E Day to 1980ish and never seen one with an "H" cut inner receiver ring. I am a HUGE fan of Brnos and the ZG-47 is my pick as THE factory production sporting rifle of all time, the 21/22 series is next and the smokeless Win. 1886 Extralight is third.

Give me a 9.3x62 in the ZG, a 22H "roundbolt" single trigger in 7x57, an 1886 EL in .45-70 and a Kreighoff sxs in .450Nitro and I will hunt anything, anywhere. More Brnos, I have seven at present and am dickering on another, is always better.

Posts: 2366 | Location: "Land OF Shining Mountains"- British Columbia, Canada | Registered: 20 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Dewey,

Brno's make my heart go pitter patter. Smiler

ddj