Find
Notify
Tools

Marble's to sell Poly-Choke
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of RSY
posted
As a kid, I used to see Poly-Chokes all the time. Thought they were the coolest. Oh, well...things must not be going well for them in light of two decades of removable choke tube standardization.

Here's the "For Sale" sign at Marble's site:

http://www.marblesoutdoors.com/polychoke/polychokesale.html

Posts: 785 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am originaly from the Gladstone area and my great-grandfather and great-uncle worked for them back in the 50's-60's. (knife shop) It really is sad to see this. But Marbles still builds a great premium knife, (over 30 in the family collection). As I see Marbles start to get into low cost "wal-mart" type knives I am worried about the direction this company is going.

Andrew

Posts: 49 | Location: Texas | Registered: 23 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I got a PolyChoke on my Win '97 in 1965 when I was 14.

I always loved it.

I hear they are no good for steel shot, so they are history.

Posts: 2249 | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
<Savage 99>
posted
I bought a nice old Ithaka 37 Featherlight 16 ga and picked it out because it had a Poly Choke. This gun is for pheasants and upland here in CT.

It's nice and light and the barrel is only 25" long including the choke. When I am in the open I turn it to full and of course open it for up close. You can't do that with those new tubes.

Poly Choke was in Hartford, Ct and there was a box of them in the house but my dad never installed one. He must have made tooling for them.

I think the Poly choke is a pretty good item.

When I was shopping for a 37 I came accross one with a Cutts Compensator with all of the tubes. That adds a lot of length to an upland gun and I passed it over. Around here 37's even in nice shape go for $250 and less and are an incedible bargain for such a quality gun. In my opinion they are lighter and better handling than the Win. M 12.