Find
Notify
Tools

Re: CUStumers
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Boy Jim,

Now I feel bad for calling you on your employee line. I still can't remember where I got that number. But I did pay and not complain. The extractor works great.

My worst CUStomer experience: Remember when primers were hard to come by. I was working at a store that had good connections and we had magnum primers in stock; the only store in town that did. I had a customer show up with regular rifle primers wanting to trade them for magnum primers. The price sticker on the box was clearly from another store and when I told him this he starts to berate me in front of many many customers. Not wanting the scene to get worse, I relent and tell him I'll trade as a box of primers wasn't worth a bad scene. When I start to calculate the difference in price he blows up again and starts his rants again. Needless to say a real jerk. The worst part, it was my last day working there.

Later when I went back to school for my business degree, they taught me that the customer is not always right. There are bad customers that are not worth having because you don't make any money off of them. (One job description does fit all, "you are here to make (insert company name here) money." If the employee doesn't make the company money they will be gone, it should be the same with customers.) The easiest way to spot a bad customer? They say, "I am a good customer." Good customers don't leverage you like that, they appreciate your products or work and pay there bill with no fuss, and they come back again.

I'm getting off of my soap box.

Aaron

Posts: 174 | Location: Utah | Registered: 15 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bad Ass Wallace
posted Hide Post
Yippee!
I got me a government job - $74,000/year and no bloody customers ringing me on weekends and at night.
Be thinking of all you slaves that work for next to nothing, and believe me I know what a hard road it can be!

Posts: 1785 | Location: Kingaroy, Australia | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
BDW, way to go man (or good on ya mate). Congratulations

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
........wondering that same thought..........?

Posts: 1300 | Location: Alaska.USA | Registered: 15 January 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
Quote:

What are you talking about BAW? You, and small business owners like you and the other posters here, are the "rich" targets that Democrats in the US are saying are getting all the tax CUTS.

If you listen to them, you would think that you wouldn't be paying any taxes at all???? Surely if you cleared over $5,000 last year, you could afford to give a little more to some gov'ment agency so they can hire some jackass to do nothing for $74,000 per year, right?

How is he getting a tax cut when he is in Australia?

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote