New
Find
Notify
Tools

model 600 rem question
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Got a model 600 with a droupy plastic trigger guard. Question? did anyone ever make a metal one or is a metal trigger guard available? thanks Bruce

When there's lead in the air, there's hope!!!!

Posts: 424 | Location: Ticonderoga NY | Registered: 19 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mad_jack02
posted Hide Post
Yes they do make a metal trigger guard for the 600-660 rem. I'm not sure who makes them or where to look for one, I know my dad has a few on his 600's.

Extreme Custom Gunsmithing LLC, ecg@wheatstate.com

Posts: 487 | Location: Wichita, ks. | Registered: 28 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mad_jack02
posted Hide Post
My dad said check with gun parts.

Extreme Custom Gunsmithing LLC, ecg@wheatstate.com

Posts: 487 | Location: Wichita, ks. | Registered: 28 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
is this what you're looking for?

http://www.e-gunparts.com/DisplayAd.asp?chrProductSKU=811200&chrSuperSKU=&MC=

blaming guns for crime is like blaming silverware for rosie o'donnell being fat

Posts: 1213 | Location: new braunfels, tx | Registered: 04 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Brownell's also shows one in their catolog and website.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys for the info. Nice gun but the plastic has to go. BB2

When there's lead in the air, there's hope!!!!

Posts: 424 | Location: Ticonderoga NY | Registered: 19 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey bbruce, I just got a new catalog from The Sportsman's Guide 1-800-888-3006. They have them in Steel for $79.97 Part# AX8A-80097.

If you order the FREE catalog, there is a $10 Off coupon inside it. And if you join their Club, the cost of the Trigger Guard goes down to $71.97.

Best of luck to you.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Kenny Jarrett in South Carolina used to turn ugly duckling Rem 600s into beautifully smithed tack-drivers. I don't know if he still does it.

http://www.jarrettrifles.com/history.html

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote