New
Find
Notify
Tools

What the hell is going on!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Twice in the last three days, on two different rifles, both model 700's, a short and a long action and neither had an extractor. On top of that, one was a 308 size face the other a 223. I was intending to put in Sako extractors anyway while blueprinting these action so it didn't make a difference if there was one or not. Just got me to thinking if maybe Remington was offering the extractors on their rifles as an add on option. Anyone else run into this?

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Cusom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5506 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I take it these actions are brand new.

Posts: 868 | Location: maryland | Registered: 25 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
quote:
maybe Remington was offering the extractors on their rifles as an add on option

LOL! Big Grin

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8346 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jim:

Did these actions come from MidwayUSA?. I have heard several people comment that their actons purchased from MidwayUSA were missing parts.
Longshot

Posts: 322 | Location: Youngsville, NC | Registered: 23 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
These were both new, in the box rifles. One came from a dealer in Alabama, the other from a dealer in SD.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Cusom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5506 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Geez...If the manufacturing process is so sloppy,
makes you wonder how good it is overall?
I'll just keep shooting my vintage Newtons & vintage
Mausers...
New stuff need not apply!
Thanks for posting this,
Best Regards,
Tom

Posts: 287 | Location: Cody, Wyoming | Registered: 02 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Doesn't Remington test fire each rifle? If so, how'd they get the empty case out? I'm a big Rem fan but I've noticed the slip too. The last two NEW rifles I bought needed to go back to Remington for extractor repairs. A SAUM, had to go back twice and they finally had to square the receiver face (it was waaay out) and replace the bolt.

RH

Posts: 79 | Location: Northwest Atlanta | Registered: 12 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of The Metalsmith
posted Hide Post
Once they test-fired the cartridge they knocked out the casing with a cleaning rod. Remember, the extractor is a option! I'm beginning to wonder when firing pins will become a option as well.
If you think that's bad try checking out one of their 798 rifles.

"Molotov Cocktails don't leave fingerprints"
-Dr. Ski

Posts: 579 | Location: Astoria, Oregon | Registered: 24 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It just goes to show migrant workers at there best !. Si habla no say comprende !. salute

Posts: 1738 | Location: Southern Calif. | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
It's just Remington's new approach to reducing warranty claims for broken extractors.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13480 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
I'm sure Hot-Core will chime in with a perfectly good explanation, but then again I'm still waiting for the explanation on the other thread featuring handles Remingtons are equipped with. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7145 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dr.K:
It just goes to show migrant workers at there best !. Si habla no say comprende !. salute

No, it's Si habla no "extractor"! Big Grin

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Que?. Que como extractor hombre ?. por tractor con tierra es agricultura ?. Si comprende nada por metallica eh pruebas con Armas !.

On the other hand she wore a glove !.

I had to inform the lot of you that most screw ups today can be directly attributed to No Habla inglés . Even if they do !. They wouldn't admit to it .

I'm not poking fun at Spanish or Mexican people !.

Because it's not entirely their fault !. Blame Big Business profit !. CEO salaries , stock option benefit bonus pay out severance management packages !!. At the Customer or Consumer's Expense !.

It's simply pointing to a fact there are far to many Mexicans in the System with improper ( in CA known as TMMITS )training or lack of communication skills in a number of positions among the work force !.

Real Weapons Have Extractors built into them !.

... salute

Posts: 1738 | Location: Southern Calif. | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Real Weapons Have Extractors built into them !.

... salute

With proper shot placement, who needs an extractor, it's the first shot that counts!
-Don

Posts: 1084 | Location: Detroit MI | Registered: 28 March 2006Reply With Quote