New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recauberizing
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Not sure if this the right place to post this.
I have a 1909 Argentine project with a gunsmith. We are recaubering the action at Pacific Metalurgical using the process that Tom Burgess set up with them. My Gunsmith tells me they can do several actions during the process and the cost is the same. Does anyone have a recaub that would be inerested in spliting the cost and having done?
Thanks

Posts: 77 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: 14 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Recarburizing; as in adding carbon to it.

Posts: 17277 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You might want to read this outstanding thread, paying especially close attention to what Mr. Burgess (System 98) and Mr Echols have to say:

http://forums.accuratereloadin...=287103131#287103131

Matt

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3292 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks ColoradoMatt. That is a great link and answers dpcd's question. I did use the wrong term -should have said "re carborizing" in my listing.
And I am still interested if anyone has a recarb project that wants to join.
Thank You

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What is the cost per batch?

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3292 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe my Gunsmith said it was 150.00. But will have to check when he gets back. He is on a Elk hunt :-)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow - their price really jumped! Used to be $80!

Posts: 4156 | Location: Hell | Registered: 22 August 2010Reply With Quote