New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winchester 88 ?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anyone have or use one of these rifles ? What are your thoughts about them ? Any tricks to make them shoot better ?

Posts: 367 | Location: Farmington, Mo | Registered: 07 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Scrollcutter
posted Hide Post
I recently acquired one in 308. I believe it was made in '63. I haven't reloaded for it yet, but I am shooting moa with Winchester factory 180 gr bullets and a Leupold 4x scope.

I like it very much so far. Wisner's makes new magazines for it. With the original Wincherster dies (I believe).

Posts: 1631 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cummins cowboy
posted Hide Post
I have one that i haven't had the chance to completly shake down. One one big and I mean big thing that sucks about these is the trigger. One just can't shoot a gun worth a flip with a 6-8# trigger. I recently had mine set to about 4-4.5#'s which is much more workable. neat guns though and I will say mine seems to fit me better than anything else I can bring the gun up with my eyes closed and be on target everytime. One thing though mine is a 308 and the stock has quite a bit of drop in the comb, which means recoil is pretty considerable for a 308. I would say recoil is quite a bit more than my 270

Posts: 1755 | Location: slc Ut | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote