New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lone Wolf Rifle Stocks
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I'm going to restock my 338 Win Mag and try to save a little weight. Has anyone heard of or had dealings with Lone Wolf Riflestocks out of Montana? They sound pretty good but before laying out the cold, hard, I'd like some feedback.

Posts: 273 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 24 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The reports I've had from friends are mixed...some really like their stocks but several others were unhappy....they uniformly said the owner can be diffcult to deal with.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bluetick
posted Hide Post
Do a search on this forum. this ? is asked pretty often.
If you get one let us know how you like it.
Another one to try is Hi Tec Specialties. I have one of there "sheep hunter" stocks It is very lite and stiff and about $100 less than the Lone Wolf. Also about 5oz heavier.

Posts: 773 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Buy a High Tech Specialties stock, very light @ approx. 20 oz. - will need a pad and glass bedding and you may want to change the color from gray - can get from Brownells for $210

Posts: 1300 | Location: Alaska.USA | Registered: 15 January 2002Reply With Quote
<RussT>
posted
You probably can't go wrong with either Hitech or Lone Wolf. The LoneWolf layup is very good, if you have them bed your action it comes out quite a bit less expensive than Banser. I've done two on Lone Wolf stocks, both were excellent. This is the Sako:  -

one of us
Picture of jpb
posted Hide Post
No experience with Lone Wolf, but I do have a High Tech Specialties stock -- I am very pleased with it. It is very rigid, especially in the forend (at least as rigid as my McMillan stock, perhaps a bit more).

Little work is required to finish a High Tech specialties stock from a blank if mine is representative -- it is the closest to "finished" that I've seen in a blank (i.e. no holes to fill, no uneven mold seams to sand level).

High Tech Specialties stocks are very light (ca 20 oz), but supposedly very strong. Brownell''s advised me that it would be fine with recoil in the .375 H&H class, and after examining the stock, I have no doubt. I will post if I do have any problems after bedding the stock.

jpb

Posts: 1006 | Location: northern Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote