New
Find
Notify
Tools

1911 gunsmit
 Login/Join

posted
Gentlemen,

I have a simple request for you. I live in the far north of Idaho. And I have a 1911 I wish to have some work done on. And I don't want to turn it over to any of the commercial carriers.

So I am looking for a competent 1911 gunsmith whose shop is within a reasonable driving distance of 700 miles or less. And someone who isn't likely to have such a backlog that I won't survive to see my finished weapon.

Can you offer me some names please?

Thanks, Ken

One of Us
Picture of 724wd
posted Hide Post
Sharp Shooting in Spokane has pretty competent gunsmiths. They work on a lot of pistols.

NRA Life Member

Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.

Posts: 992 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thank you 724
Ken

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wayne York, Oregunsmithing LLC in Pendelton, OR. Holds many records for pistol marksmanship and taught by Bob West.

Dennis Earl Smith
Professional Member ACGG
Benefactor Life NRA
Life NAHC

Posts: 311 | Location: Tygh Valley, OR | Registered: 05 November 2010Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thank you Dennis. Appreciate your response.
Ken