New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger barrel thread
 Login/Join

<Axel>
posted
Can someone please tell me what the size and pitch of the barrel threads on a Ruger M77 magnum 416 Rigby?

Thanks,
Axel

<John Lewis>
posted
All of Ruger's barrel threads are 1"x16tpi.

<Axel>
posted
Thank you sir.

Axel

one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Same as a Winchester M70.....Hmm

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Believe the 77 Magnums have larger OD's - maybe 1-1/8?

Posts: 57 | Location: Hudson Valley, NY | Registered: 06 August 2002Reply With Quote
<John Lewis>
posted
They could be a different thread, but I doubt it. I know that the #1 .416 Rigby has a 1" x 16 tpi. I don't think they would have different threads.

<Axel>
posted
Bearclaw, have you figured out what I am planning? I appears that perhaps you have! I have always wanted a 500 Jeffery. I thought I could rebore one of the Ruger barrels and install it on a M70 action. This way I would have an excellent action and an integral 1/4 rib barrel all at a very low overall cost.

Axel

one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
[Big Grin]

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote