New
Find
Notify
Tools

Precise Metalsmithing?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does anyone have a contact number for Precise Metalsmithing?

I have tried their website www.precisemetalsmithing.com
but get an error.

Thanks.

Tim

Posts: 1430 | Location: California | Registered: 21 February 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Tim,

I belive PME has shut down, and he is now working with his dad. Someone correct me if I am wrong about this.

Wisners

Regards,

Terry

I was mostly correct.
http://www.serveroptions.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=005209

[ 03-13-2003, 03:49: Message edited by: T.Carr ]

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They forgot the Mauser parts from their catalog! [Confused]

Posts: 1248 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 14 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I talked with Jim (the younger) last week. Jim has cut down significantly and now only makes gun parts a couple days a week. Says it will be Mauser stuff only. I think his dad is doing something with CNC machinery, maybe tooling up???

Jim has little free time, only takes phone calls a portion of Friday, has shut the web site down and has not responded to emails.

I understand fully, a guy can only burn the candle at both ends for a limited portion of his life. Been there, done that.

I commend both Jim and his Dad for their contributions to the Custom Rifle Industry.

Posts: 1055 | Location: Real Sasquatch Country!!! I Seen 'Em! | Registered: 16 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Terry, Jim Wisner (PME) has not shut down, he has, however cut some of the slow stuff out of this inventory. I do belive that his site is down at the moment. He is working with his father but dad is retiring very shortly and Jim is taking over the reigns of both. He works on his stuff from Thursday noon thru sunday and his dad monday thru thursday morning. No rest for the wicked.

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. I got to the Wisners website and sent them an e-mail.

I'm trying to find a rear sight for a Pre-64 M70 375H&H. It is the one that is mounted with two screws and has two sights/blades that rock back and forth.

Any other ideas where I might be able to track one down?

Thanks again.

Tim

Posts: 1430 | Location: California | Registered: 21 February 2001Reply With Quote
<RickMD>
posted
Tim:

I just bought a pre-64 .375 H&H sight as you describe from "Loudenboomer" for $125.00. Maybe he has another that he'd part with.

He posts here frequently. A fair man to deal with.