THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got a New Torque Wrench????????What Now???
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I just got a new inch-lbs. torgue wrench for my hobby.. GUNS<GUNS GUNS) About how many (ballpark) # of inch lbs. does a BDL Rem 700 seem to like (Action) ?? Also scope ring screws?? Scope base screws.?? Any info much thanks,, Doc Stone 'n TN

one of us
posted Hide Post
Remington and HS precision recommend 65 inch pounds for their action screws. You will find this a little difficult to do right unless you have torx or allen head screws.
I called Talley and for their rings they recommended 20-25 inch pounds for the ring screws and 30 inch pounds for the quick-release screw.
Steyr recommends 80 inch pounds for their action screws (which sucks because my torque wrench was a fixed 65).
Badger, Leupold and others reccomend 65 inch pounds for their large military size ring bolts, and I beleive badger said 15-20 for the ring screws.
Hope this helps........DJ

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Voldoc2

What kind/brand of torque wrench did you get, if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 1323 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 04 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It is some kind of el-cheapo off e-bay.. cost about $30.00 But it seems to work ok. beats guessing at 65 in.-lbs. DocStone