THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Experience with Bell and Carlson DuraMaxx stocks?

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Experience with Bell and Carlson DuraMaxx stocks?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just ordered a DuraMaxx stock for my recalcitrant Savage/Stevens 200. Anyone with experience with this Bell and Carlson stock??

Posts: 1473 | Location: Tallahassee, Florida | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have three. All were drop-in and feel very comfortable. All three rifles shoot sub-moa at 200yds on a regular basis.

IF YOU'RE GONNA GET OLD,YOU BETTER BE TOUGH!! GETTIN' OLD AIN'T FOR SISSIES!!

Posts: 381 | Location: Sebring, FL | Registered: 12 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Jigger. Kudude

Posts: 1473 | Location: Tallahassee, Florida | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've got one on my current EDC and favorite rifle, a custom Shilen, pre64 70 .300
WM with 26 inch barrel. I was very askance about the stock when I was considering purchasing it from the guy who had it built. He said it was hard as a rock and, while I can't confirm that, the rifle shoots sub 1/2 MOA with good loads and has maintained that standard for several hundred rounds and heavy carry/hunting use as well as being banged around in a truck all the time. Based on that I think their top end products are worthy of consideration.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The DuraMaxx came and I installed the Mod 200 short action in it. This was a drop in operation requiring only drilling one hole for the rear trigger guard screw. I ordered a steel one from Savage for $22 to cure any "compression" problems with the composite one on the original rifle.

Hopefully, I get get some range time in on Tuesday. Kudude