New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ 527 set trigger problem
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have a CZ 527 22 Hornet and lately while setting the set trigger, occasionally the trigger will snap back. Usually all I have to do is push it ahead again and it works fine. The gun is about a year and a half old with approx. 1000 rounds fired. I really dont want to send it to CZ-USA because of the 4-6 weeks I would be without it. Im sure a local smith could easily fix it, but I would like to fix it myself if at all possible. Please let me know if you know of a solution. Thanks, Chris

Posts: 30 | Location: NY | Registered: 18 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Chris, my shooting buddy was having trouble with his CZ trigger not setting...He took the stock off, and thoroughly blew out the trigger, with Brake Cleen....Let it dry, and lightly lubed it with, I think, Breakfree CLP.....Works good now.....By the way, that little CZ really shoots.... My friend uses 1680, and Hornady bullets...It's amazing how small of groups it shoots.....Grant.

Posts: 336 | Location: SE Minnesota | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies. I'll check it out. Chris

Posts: 30 | Location: NY | Registered: 18 February 2003Reply With Quote
<eldeguello>
posted
I have one in 7.62X39mm. On mine, I was unnable to adjust the set pull weight to any lighter letoff than it gives unset. It would snap off if I tried to set it any lighter. I examined the design of this trigger mechanism, and it seems to me that it is poorly designed. I just use mine unset. But if you figure out how to fix it, please let me know!

I love a double-set trigger, but have never been too sold on the idea of a single-set on a hunting rifle. It is too hard to set when your fingers are cold, or you are in a hurry. The DST can be set quickly under the most extreme conditions without danger of a slip causing a premature discharge!

one of us
posted Hide Post
If you look in front of the trigger up inside the stock you'll see a slotted screw there. That screw adjusts the set pull weight. It is common after a gun wears in, if the set weight is really light, to do this. Simply give the screw a 1/4 to 1/2 turn to increase the pull weight of the set trigger. This has nothing to do with the unset pull weight, so don't worry about changing it. CZ's triggers are SUPER and fully adjustable, so you needn't worry or send it off to a 'smith. If you have the owners manual, I think it shows how to adjust the trigger, but I'm working from memory.
Good luck.