THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    JJS's Completed Ralf Martini Granite Mountain 404 Jeffery
Page 1 2 

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

JJS's Completed Ralf Martini Granite Mountain 404 Jeffery
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Yes that Funk is a "fing" of beauty. It would be a perfect big brother to my Simson 9.3X62 with similar barrel.

Great new custom rifle of course! have you shot anything with it?

quote:
Originally posted by fla3006:
A pre-war beauty, for sale on GunsInternational, is a Christoph Funk, item # 100310978. Some great vintage Mausers currently available on that site.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11250 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
That's a real beauty. Personally I would have the levers upwards so as not to cover that superb action work or not have levers at all but that is just me. Hopefully we can see and hear how it shoots.

Posts: 3913 | Location: Rolleston, Christchurch, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Out side of the beautiful workmanship. It seems the cartridge most sought after in a DG bolt gun is the 404J. They always sem to command a premium over a 375H&H or 416 Rigby. All traditional DG calibers.
Cannot say that I would disagree. If I had another bolt rifle commissioned it would be jsut like the one depicted with the proper LOP and cast to suite me.
What a "functional" beauty.

EZ

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
I must say, that is about as perfect as it can get.
I think I have had more separation anxiety over my 404 than any other bolt gun I have let go.

Posts: 3322 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eagle27:
That's a real beauty. Personally I would have the levers upwards so as not to cover that superb action work or not have levers at all but that is just me. Hopefully we can see and hear how it shoots.

eagle27,

You will have to scroll down the link to see the 100 yard 3 shot group.

http://www.martiniandhagngunma....com/boltactions.htm

I have used it on Buffalo, Elephant, and a few Plain Game and works well...been using the North Fork Solids and Softs with very good results.

At 8.25 lbs empty, scoped and loaded it is a pleasure to carry...

Posts: 1999 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 23 April 2004Reply With Quote