New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: EAA BRNO98 Mauser...
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
The rifles come from EAA with a one-piece mount for Weaver style rings. Front hole spacing is 7/8" and the rear hole spacing is 1/2". I think that is the same as the later FN models and the Mark X, hopefully someone with an FN will verify that.

I'm not much on scopes, so I haven't put one on it yet.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Roebling, NJ 08554 | Registered: 20 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I picked one up a couple of years ago for a wet-weather trip. I cut the barrel back to 18" with a hack saw, trued the crown with a belt sander, then soldered on some old take-off iron sights. It shot clover leafs at 100 yds.

These are the same actions that Brno has been using on their commercial rifles for the Euro market, up until about 3 years ago. They just bead blasted these and stuffed them into plastic for the American market.

I still have the rifle, along with a spare action. They will polish up into nice custom rifles one day, as they are true 98's.

Hey Kurt, What mounts fit these rifles? Are the holes drilled the same as a FN? Thanks

Terry

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
I was in a gun/pawn shop yesterday buyiung some ML bullets and charges when I spyed a mauser on the rack. It's a .30-06 EAA BRNO mauser. The owner say's the rifle is new. It looks to have surplus mauser action thats been surface ground and drilled for mounts, it still has the military trigger and safety. The bolt handle has been bent and it sits in a ramline stock.

I don't have a "truck" gun and thought this might fit the bill. The owner said he'd take $275 for it. Anybody have any experince with these? Just curious.

Terry

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote