New
Find
Notify
Tools

cz550 action
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I've been offered a CZ550 in .270Win caliber,however the bore is in a terrible state.
I was wondering if it is possible to convert it to another caliber and what modifications would be needed to be done to the action? I was thinking 9.3x62.

Posts: 885 | Location: Eastern Cape, South Africa | Registered: 08 January 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Should be a simple rebore for anything similar in length to the 270 with a .473 head. That would include the 9.3x62.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Should be a simple rebore for anything similar in length to the 270 with a .473 head. That would include the 9.3x62.

X2

Check out this guy! He's pretty well thought of by the forum members who have taken advantage of his re-boring service. One good reason to rebore is that you don't have any stock work to do afterwards and the barrel metal has already been stress relieved, considering that the bore is bad due to thousands of rounds having been fired in it.

http://www.cutrifle.com/reboring.html

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote